Hotel near Cork Golf Courses
Cork possesses spectacular backdrops and un-spoilt landscapes making it the perfect location for golfing.
Enjoy the picturesque views while teeing off one the many outstanding golf courses in Cork. It is no wonder many tourists to the area find their most difficult decision to be choosing where to play golf.
Cork Golf Club
Cork Golf Club in Little Island, is a short 8 minute drive from the Clayton Hotel Silver Springs. The course provides an 18 hole green alongside Cork harbour and is beautifully maintained. The golf course also has excellent dining facilities which head chef Gerry Kenneally takes great pride in. Cork Golf Club also offers an excellent pro shop where a wide range of equipment may be bought or rented.
Cork City Golf Club welcomes visitors with standard green fee rates of:
€70 on weekdays and €80 on weekends.
Please be aware there is a strict dress code throughout the Golf Course and Clubhouse. See the official website.
Douglas Golf Course
Founded in 1909 and designed by golfing legend Harry Vardon, Douglas Golf Course is a challenging but very enjoyable course with amazing views of Cork City. Douglas Golf Course has a fantastic Clubhouse which has formidable dining and bar facilities. You may also purchase goods from the golf shop in the Clubhouse which sells a wide range of golfing equipment. If you wish to practice your putt you may choose from the well-kept turf or the synthetic grounds of 250 yards in Douglas Golf Course. There is also a short game area.
Douglas Golf Course is only a 17 minute drive away from Clayton Hotel Silversprings on the N40. See their official website.
Mahon Golf Course
Founded in 1978, Mahon Golf Course is Ireland’s first purpose built Municipal Golf Course. The 18 hole golf course is seen as a challenging golf course to all level of golfers. The new Clubhouse which was opened in 2003 offers many facilities, including a spacious lounge area and reception.
Mahon Golf Course is a 17 minute drive from Clayton Hotels Silversprings on the N40. Official website.
Cobh Golf Course
Located in Cobh at Marino point, the Cobh Golf Course offers stunning views of Cork Harbour and is conveniently located 15 minutes’ drive from Clayton Hotel Silver Springs. The course is only 6 years old and is in fantastic condition. Cobh Golf Club offers a separate ladies, men’s and juvenile club. This 18 hole championship course has a a par 72 for men & par 73 for ladies.
See their official website.
Other golf clubs
- Fota Island Golf Club boasts three championship standard golf course configurations; the original Deerpark (Par 71), Belvelly (Par 72) and Barryscourt (Par 73).
- Old Head has a par 72, comprises five Par 5s, five Par 3s and eight Par 4s – stretching to over 7,200 yards from the tips, with a minimum of six tees per hole.
- Lee Valley Golf & Country Club is an 18 hole championship course and also has a practice putting green.
- The Castlemartyr Golf Resort is an 18 hole, 6,790 yd, Par 72, inland links style course.
- Bantry Bay Golf Club offers a challenging yet enjoyable Par 71 parkland course.
- Glengarriff Golf Club is an 18 hole course consisting of a par 66.
- Skibbereen & West Carbery Golf Course is also a Par 71 parkland course, where the 19th hole is a must for any avid golfer.
- Lisselan Golf Course, while the course is only a 9 hole affair the experience is what makes playing this course so special